9 Staycation Ideas That Actually Make Staying at Home Fun
We’ve all been there, sometimes being confined indoors can be an intimidating idea as it seemingly deprived you of chances to have fun. But guess what, staying at home doesn’t need to be suck, there are actually tons of things you can do in your very own home to make your staying-in feels like a heavenly retreat, read on for 9 staycation ideas you should try this week:
1. Breakfast in Bed
Image via @bunchaluv
Nothing feels more like a vacation than a good breakfast in bed. Prep yourself a big wholesome breakfast to start your day afresh. To make the staycation experience more legit? Style your breakfast beautifully. We got to agree aesthetically styled food tastes so much better, and the best part? It’s so insta worthy.
2. Throw an At-Home Fashion Show with Your BFFs
Not everybody gets an invitation to the front row at NYFW, but throwing and walking your own fashion show can be so much more fun. Call all your bffs, take out the occasion dresses at the bottom of your wardrobe and go crazy with your makeup and hair. To explore unlimited hairstyle, use amika Digital Titanium Styler, it’s perfect to create all sorts of look – wavy, texturized, pin straight, or curly. Reminder: always protect before you heat! Apply heat shield styling serum to prevent hair thermal damage.
3. Stay Active
Image via @coffee89921
To prevent getting infected with coronavirus, keeping your immune system at the top of its game is key. Stay active even if you’re at home by doing exercise for at least 30 mins a day. Try this beginner yoga flow by Jessica Olie or if you’re into more intense workout, check out Coffee Lam’s 30 mins full body HIIT. Don’t want to go into the trouble of showering after workout? Simply use Quickie Dry Shampoo for a quick hair refresh, it contains natural rice starch to absorb dirt, excess oil and odor effectively.
Shop dry shampoo
4. Movie Marathon
Image via @grati.tea
If you’re more of a couch potato, this will be the perfect staycation idea for you. Try a marathon, oh relax, we meant a movie marathon. You can go by your favourite movie genre/Netflix series. If you love hair styling as much as we do, there are actually lots of fun comedies about hair – BLOW DRY (2001), HAIRSPRAY (1988, 2007), SHAMPOO (1975) etc. So sit back, grab some popcorn and enjoy.
5. At-Home Spa Night
Rather than going out to the beauty salon and risk putting yourself in crowded places, doing a spa night at your very own home can be a 5-star experience. Here’s how to do the most spectacular spa night the amika way:
- Inform Alexa to play your fave playlist, light some scented candles to enhance the experience.
- Adjust the water temperature and let water fill up your bathtub.
- Spritz 001 Signature Room Fragrance to create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Exfoliate with HERBIVORE Coco Rose Coconut Oil Body Polish and rinse.
- Remember scalp is skin too! Exfoliate your scalp using Reset Exfoliating Jelly Shampoo, massage in for a minute and rinse.
- Drop your fave Lush bubble bath bomb and get into the hot tub.
- Time for luxurious pampering! Choose a hair mask of your choice – we recommend Lifesaver Treatment Mask for hydration boost and the kure intense repair mask for the ultimate reparative treatment. Apply generously from roots to ends.
- For face, we love love love SATURDAY SKIN Cotton Cloud Probiotic Power Mask, it gives you 100% glow factor. Let the masks work their magic for 20mins while you just sing along to your fave shower song.
- Take off the face mask, rinse hair and body and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Finish your spa off with Hydrating Body Cream from frank body
Shop Spa Night Essentials
6. Movie Marathon
Sure, you can order take-out, but what’s the fun of having yet another meal from the same restaurant you order everyday? Plan a fancy romantic 3-course dinner with your special one and make it a night to remember. Oh and remember the music and candles.
7. Bake a Cake
Image via Living Fresh Daily
When was the last time you baked your own cake? Not only can baking be fun, it is also time consuming. So when you have nothing better to do on your day-off, it’s always a good idea to bake. Try this easy vegan lemon cupcake with creamy raspberry frosting or this no-bake S’mores Cake if you don’t have an oven.
8. Dye Your Hair
Stucking at home doesn’t mean your style has to be stuck as well. Freshen your look up with a bit of coloring can make your home-office days less miserable. Try out the latest 2020 color trend at home with the help of your family/friends. To protect your hair from chemical damage, add thirsty oil treatment to your colorant and protect it afterwards with vault color-lock leave-in conditioner.
Shop Color Protection
9. Plan a real vacation
The staying-indoor nightmare isn’t going to last forever, so take this time to plan your next real getaway. You know the drill, check tickets, google tourists’ must-see, plan your outfits and make a packing list! Talking about packing list, here’s a tip on how to make the most out of your luggage – always take the minis. Whether it’s your contact lens lotion or your hair tools, bring travel size so you can leave rooms for your clothes and souvenir! Looking for some minis for your hair? Check out our travel-friendly hair care sets and tools!