collection spotlight: detox, the secret to healthy + happy scalp
amika is a friend to all. We are a friend to hair, hairstylists, to her, him, you and them. Our products address all your hair concerns. We created 10 collections that target every type of hair – no matter what’s your ethnicity, age or gender. All hair is welcome. We are opening a brand new series on amika connect where we go deep into a selection of our 10 collections to help you know our products better. We will answer questions like who they are for, what results they will deliver and how to integrate them into your daily routine. Through this series, we want everyone to know how to pick the best products that suit their hair type. But remember, do not be scared to mix and match collections for your specific problems and needs. And let’s get started!
who needs this collection?
If your hair feels oily 3 hours after wash OR if you have fine, limp hair OR if you’re addicted to dry shampoo, OR if your hair simply struggles to feel clean, detox collection is made in heaven for you! All the products from the collection deeply cleanse, invigorate and re-balance natural oils without taking away hair’s moisture.
what are the ingredients that make this collection so great?
Pink clay + 100% natural charcoal – remove dirt, buildups, hard metals, and oil that accumulated on the hair and scalp through pollutants and hard water, plus it helps to get rid of odors and toxins.
Indian cress stem extract – promote circulation and therefore, oxygen flow by feeding hair with vitamins and antioxidants for a healthy, balanced scalp.
Cooling menthol – energize the scalp with a cool and tingling sensation.
Rice, tapioca and corn starch – removes dirt and neutralizes oil at the scalp.
Sea Salt – packed with vital trace elements and nutrients your hair needs e.g. magnesium and calcium.
Salicylic Acid – exfoliates gently without irritating the scalp
Sunflower Oil – breaks down dirt and grime that are oil-soluble
Sea Buckthorn Oil – replenish the scalp with essential antioxidants and moisture.
what are in the signature collection and how to integrate them into your routine?
- Reset clarifying gel shampoo: Attract dirt like a magnet to draw out impurities + remove product buildup, without stripping. Reset clarifying gel shampoo is a unique aerosol gel-to-foam that rids hair of oil, dirt, odor + sweat while replenishing moisture + reviving volume. This shampoo is gentle enough to be used every wash, or even every day. We get asked a lot why this shampoo is in an aerosol component, and that’s a great question! The main reason is so we could achieve that airy, gel texture. This is great for oily scalps, avid dry shampoo users + fine to medium hair types, however if you have color-treated hair, we recommend staying far away from this shampoo, as the cleansing properties can fade color.
- Reset cooling gel conditioner: This cooling conditioner is like a breath of fresh air for your scalp with a unique gel formula that delivers hydration without the weight. Enriched with refreshing menthol, this formula soothes the scalp + restores moisture balance. Unlike the shampoo, this conditioner IS color safe. This is great for those with finer hair types that find that conditioner weighs their hair down. This cooling conditioner will deliver the moisture needed for healthy locks without weighing down!
- Phantom hydrating dry shampoo foam: This gentle cleansing foam absorbs dirt and oil while hydrating the scalp. Great for all hair types, even those that traditionally wouldn’t use a dry shampoo like wavy, curly + coily hair types. Think of this as perk up dry shampoo, but for very dry hair types. It’s even great for post-workout! Shake well. Spray quarter-sized amount into palm. Foam will grow to about golf ball-size. Work into desired area and massage in until dry. Repeat as needed, then style as usual. For maximized results, try blow-drying into the hair!
- Reset pink charcoal scalp cleansing oil: Hit reset and detoxify your scalp with our new purifying pre-wash. This oil-to-foam hybrid invigorates and hydrates to encourage a healthy scalp. Key ingredients pink clay and charcoal gently draw out impurities and remove product build-up without stripping hair. It’s the perfect weekly remedy for dry shampoo junkies. If you’re familiar with double cleansing your skin, think of this as the oil cleanser that would break up tough makeup or impurities. Shampoo and condition as usual after use.
- Reset exfoliating jelly shampoo: Meet your new salt bae. This innovative jelly shampoo utilizes charcoal, pink clay, and sea salt to deep clean, purify, rebalance, and soothe the scalp. Use it to instantly relieve and refresh even the most oily, itchy or sensitive scalps. Perfect for buffing away dead skin and product build up. We don’t recommend this baby for color-treated hair either, as it contains salt that will affect the vibrancy of color. Use this once or twice a week to oxygenate the scalp.
an example from real life
“I’m Becca, the community manager at amika. You may notice my name from the bottom of amika connect’s articles! I suffer from an autoimmune disease called alopecia areata, which causes my hair to fall out.
As I have very thin and fine hair, detox collection is my forever haircare staple. To get rid of the root cover I used to hide my spots and the dry shampoo build-ups, I use the Reset clarifying shampoo for every wash. And because I’ve gone longer than usual without washing my hair, it tends to get oily more easily, so it’s important to double cleanse – I sometimes use Reset pink charcoal scalp cleansing oil before shampooing and conditioning to exfoliate and break up with the build up. Recently I’ve discovered that using a microfiber towel really helps with reducing frizz, I simply flip my head once out of the shower and wrap my hair with the microfiber towel.
As soon as the towel has absorbed the water, it’s time to add back some moisture into the ends. To do that, I always use The Wizard detangling primer or The Vault color-lock leave-in conditioner. I focus the leave-in at the ends and brush it through with a fine-tooth comb. The secret to preventing fall out and putting stress on my hair is to start at the ends and work my way to the crown.
I’m a die-hard Perk Up dry shampoo disciple, my hair can last longer without washes thanks to Perk Up. Plus it never gives me any white residue on my light hazelnut hair.”
We create products that we are proud of and pride ourselves in making haircare that really works. We always formulate our products without parabens, sulfates, aluminum starch and over 1,300 questionable ingredients prohibited by the EU and we have always been certified cruelty free.
Still got questions regarding your hair type or our products? Make sure to leave us a message here, our hair consultants are here to give you personalized recommendations for your hair concerns, hair type and lifestyle.
By Becca King, community manager