These 5 hacks are the keys to cool + bright blonde/hair highlight this summer
Are you a summer person? If so, the second the temperature hit 25 °C, you would probably be in the pool or headed out for a lovely day spent at the beach. It’s all fine, well, unless, of course, you have highlight/cool blonde hair.
“Summertime can be super harsh on cool blonde tones, so make sure your mane is protected from the UV rays of the sun, the stripping chemicals in the chlorine water and the dehydrating effect from saltwater,” amika Pro Educator Jamie Brice advised. To maintain your blonde and bleached highlight cool and glowy, follow these five tips religiously.
- Make sure all your hair products are color-safe. Spotlight on our Bust Your Brass collection please! “You don’t wash your hair too often, but when you do, using Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo and Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Conditioner will fight off any harsh brassiness,” Brice recommended.
- Leave-in conditioner is the cool tone lifesaver. “Before heading out under the sun, always prime your hair with a leave-in that contains UV filters, my favorite is Vault Color-Lock Leave-In Conditioner,” Brice mentioned. Not only will it moisturize your tresses, but also ward off any brassy tone. To apply, spritz evenly on strands and brush it through using a wet brush. Brice also suggested adding a dime-size dollop of Supernova Blonde Moisture and Shine Cream to your hair. “ You’ll get the ultimate color shield with the UV filters from Vault and the ultraviolet pigment of Supernova,” She explained.
- Braid your hair. We all know braids are pretty, but did you know braiding can protect your hair too? As the woven nature of braids keeps tresses snag-free and snug, which prevents breakage. Although breakage has no direct correlation with color fading, there’s no doubt that rough cuticles and split ends make bright cool tones look dull AF.
- Choose the right hair accessories. While you’re trying to braid your hair here, remember to use a smooth soft hair tie rather than using a metal-accented one to tie off your ends. Our picks are the Slip Skinnies Scrunchies, they’ll NEVER pull your strands.
- Block the sun with a cute headscarf/hat. After all, the sun’s harmful rays are the major culprit behind cool color fade. Instead of drenching your tresses in preventive or restorative products, simply cover them up! The Janessa Leone Sammy Floppy Straw Hat is perfect for your beach days or if you’re looking for some more affordable option, you can’t go wrong with the Funky Junque Embroidered Floppy Sun Hat either. Hats are not your cup of tea? Try Burberry Logo Monkey Print Silk Scarf, cute head scarf will be a major trend this summer too!